- Accredited journals
- Boloka: Institutional repository
- Cloete manuscripts [full text] [restricted access]
- DBAT: Digital bibliography of the Afrikaans language [full text]
- Exam papers
- Fleischack collection
- Folk dances
- The Gallery
- In-U-Lig: Database for Christian science literature (1966-1996)
- NWU: IO-IGSS (2004-2015) [restricted access]
- NWU: Policy and Procedure (2005-2011) [restricted access]
- NWU: Potchefstroom Campus: Minutes: MC, MEC and Senate Committee (2004- ) [restricted access]
- PU for CHE: Minutes: Senate (1981-2003) [restricted access]
- PU for CHE: Minutes: Committee, Senate and MC (VGAB) (1960-2003) [restricted access]
- PU for CHE: Council (1920-2007) [restricted access]
- The viewing of items in these collections are restricted. For more information please contact Raelene Hornsby at +27(0)18 299 2610.
- Ossewabrandwag archive
- Pierneef collection [full text]
- Quo vadis (1961-1999) [full text]
- Reformed Churches of South Africa (RCSA): Journal articles
- Taberna Dei
- Theses and dissertations
- Wimpie de Klerk collection [For more information please contact Corrie Breitenbach at +27(0)18 299 2803.]
Mafikeng Campus Library
Please phone Vuyo Ngayeka at +28 (0)18 389 2211 to find out more about the Library’s special collections.
Potchefstroom Campus Library
The Ferdinand Postma Library houses a number of special collections. The Department of Loan services can be contacted at +28 (0)18 299 2783 for further information in this regard. These materials can be searched via the Library catalogue.
Archived theses and dissertations
A copy of every thesis and dissertation completed at the Potchefstroom Campus of the NWU up until 2010 is kept in a separate collection. These documents are available for use in the Library only. Special permission must be obtained from Loan services to have access to this collection. From 2004 theses and dissertations are also available in electronic format via Boloka the North-West University institutional repository.
Carney Africana collection
The main part of this collection belonged to Mr ER Carney and was donated to the Library in 1949 by his daughter, Ms CG Carney.
Children’s and juvenile book collection
The collection is accessible for all students.
Collection of old and recent Afrikaans literature, literary criticism and linguistics
This is a new collection aimed at the preservation of mainly Afrikaans literary works in an endeavour to build a complete collection.
The collection consists largely of seventeenth to nineteenth century works on Roman Dutch law. It was donated to the Library in 1955 by Dr Albert Hertzog.
The Postma collection
The library of Prof Ferdinand Postma, after whom the Library was named, is preserved as a unit. Prof Postma served as Principal of the Potchefstroom University College for Christian Higher Education from 1921 until 1950.
This collection consists of original editions of old books as well as facsimile editions of well-known documents like the Gutenberg Bible.
Vaal Triangle Campus Library
Please phone +28 (0)16 910 3172 to find out more about the Library’s special collections.