- Accredited journals
- Boloka: Institutional repository
- Exam papers
- Cloete manuscripts [full text] [restricted access]
- DBAL: Digital Bibliography of Afrikaans Literature [full text]
- DBAT: Digital Bibliography of the Afrikaans Language [full text]
- IRSA - Interpreting Research in South Africa
- Cape archives: 1806-1827
- CLES/KAS Online Depository of Climate Action Developments in South African Municipalities
- Constitutional Law database
- Journal of contemporary Roman-Dutch law (THRHR)
- Private Law database
- Public Law database
- Scholarly Sources
- Use of foreign precedent by South African Constitutional Court judges [full text]
- ISAM (Information Centre for Southern African Music)
Viewing of items in these collections are restricted. For more information please contact Raelene Hornsby at +27(0)18 299 2610.
- NWU: IO-IGSS (2004-2015) [restricted access]
- NWU: Policy and Procedure (2005-2011) [restricted access]
- NWU: Potchefstroom Campus: Minutes: MC, MEC and Senate Committee (2004- ) [restricted access]
- PU for CHE: Minutes: Senate (1981-2003) [restricted access]
- PU for CHE: Minutes: Committee, Senate and MC (VGAB) (1960-2003) [restricted access]
- PU for CHE: Council (1920-2007) [restricted access]
- Acts of the Synod: RCSA (1862-1997)
- In-U-Lig: Database for Christian science literature (1966-1996)
- Quo vadis (1961-1999) [full text]
- Reformed Churches of South Africa (RCSA): Journal articles
- Taberna Dei
- Theses and dissertations
- WaterLit (SAWHAR)
Please phone +27 (0)18 389 2355 to find out more about the Library’s special collections.
Ferdinand Postma Library
Archived theses and dissertations
A copy of every thesis and dissertation completed at the Potchefstroom Campus of the NWU up until 2010 is kept in a separate collection. These documents are available for use in the Library only. Special permission must be obtained from Loan services to have access to this collection. From 2004 theses and dissertations are also available in electronic format via Boloka the North-West University institutional repository.
Carney Africana collection
The main part of this collection belonged to Mr ER Carney and was donated to the Library in 1949 by his daughter, Ms CG Carney.
Collection of old and recent Afrikaans literature, literary criticism and linguistics
This is a new collection aimed at the preservation of mainly Afrikaans literary works in an endeavour to build a complete collection.
The collection consists largely of seventeenth to nineteenth century works on Roman Dutch law. It was donated to the Library in 1955 by Dr Albert Hertzog.
The Postma collection
The library of Prof Ferdinand Postma, after whom the Library was named, is preserved as a unit. Prof Postma served as Principal of the Potchefstroom University College for Christian Higher Education from 1921 until 1950.
This collection consists of original editions of old books as well as facsimile editions of well-known documents like the Gutenberg Bible.
Education Sciences Library
Please contact contacted at +28 (0)18 299 1578 for more information regarding this collection. These materials can be searched via the Library catalogue.
Children’s and juvenile book collection
The collection is accessible for all students.
Please phone +28 (0)16 910 3172 to find out more about the Library’s special collections.