Director Open Scholarship
+27 (0)18 389 2118
Josias (Kgwadi) Mamabolo
+27 (0)18 389 2110
+27 (0)18 285 2524
Research & Scholarly Communication
+27 (0)16 910 3142
+27 (0)18 285 2525
Helpdesk: Research Commons Potchefstroom
- How to manage sources used during your research.
- How to create a Reference list using a specific bibliographic style.
- Using the EndNote templates.
- MS Word Postgraduate template
- How to install and use the template when writing your Dissertation or Thesis.
- Research Impact
- How to measure the impact of your research with JCR, Altmetrics, Bibliometrics and H-index.
- Choosing a journal for publication
- How to decide in which journal to publish.
- Creating an ORCID
- How to manage your research with one unique ID.
- DaYta Ya Rona (figshare)
- How to save your data on DaYta Ya Rona.
- Research Tools
- How to promote your research on Social Media
- Presenting - best practices
- Tips on presenting papers at conferences.
- How to create a web-based questionnaire using Google Forms.
- Information regarding Open Access Transformative Agreements.
Open Scholarship and Digitisation Centre
+27 (0)18 389 2110
+27 (0)18 285 2507
+27 (0)16 910 3175
- Boloka - Institutional Repository
- Boloka is the open-access Institutional Repository of the North West University (NWU-IR). This digital archive collects, preserves and distributes research material created by members of the NWU. The NWU-IR aims to increase the visibility, availability, and impact of the research output of the North-West University through Open Access, search engine indexing, and harvesting by several initiatives.
- OJS - Open Journal Systems
- Digitisation Centre
- This involves digitising books, theses and dissertations by scanning the documents and converting information into a digital (i.e., computer-readable) format. Digitisation is crucial to data processing, storage, and transmission.