To be distinguished as a leading university library in Africa and beyond, known for commitment to partnership in student success, esteemed open scholarship and research.
The NWU Library and Information Service provides access to cutting-edge and impactful resources and services to fulfil academic expectations of our user communities in a professional, creative and innovative manner.
The LIS embeds the following foundational values based on the constitutional values of human dignity, equality and freedom and subscribes to the following client-focused values:
- Caring and inclusive
- Embracing diversity
- Excellence in all our endeavours
- Ethics in all endeavours
- Responsibility and accountability
- Academic freedom and freedom of research, including freedom of access to information.
- Strategic Plan 2021-2025
- Strategic Plan 2024 and Beyond (To follow.)
Policies and Guidelines
Research and Open Scholarship Services
- Information Resources Procedure Manual
- LIS Collection Development Guidelines
- LIS Binding of Library Materials
- LIS Repair of Damaged Books
- LIS Supplier Evaluation Guidelines
The purpose of Quality Assurance (QA) in the LIS is to develop and establish procedures for monitoring, maintaining and promoting standards of library services, facilities and resources in alignment with the Library and Information Service strategic goals and support and advice from the NWU Quality Enhancement Office.
LIS Quality Manual
Quality assurance tools
Benchmarking action plan