PressReader provides access to more than 7,000 of the world's top newspapers and magazines. This includes SA sources such as Sunday Times, The Citizen, Good Housekeeping, Destiny, finweek, Huisgenoot, Sowetan, Beeld, Elle, Mail & Guardian, Cosmopolitan, etc.
You can access PressReader via your computer or mobile app.
How to log on:
- Always use the PressReader link on the Library web page. It has a built-in proxy address that will recognise you as a registered student/staff member.
- First-time users must authenticate via their computer before they use the mobile app. After that, you can read newspapers and magazines via the PressReader App on your phone if that is your preference.
- PressReader offers offsite access to the platform. That means you can use PressReader after leaving the University premises for seven days via the App. After seven days, you need to re-authenticate via your computer from the library page (authentication via your computer from the Library web page will also work off-campus). If you read PressReader via your computer, using the PressReader link on the Library web page is unnecessary to re-authenticate.
The following Afrikaans newspapers are available via Netwerk24.
- Die Burger
Note: This platform does not work via IP authentication, and you will need to contact your Faculty Librarian for a username and password.
- Go to https://www.netwerk24.com/
- Click on Meld Aan (top right)
- Type the email and password provided by your Faculty Librarian.
- Click on E-Publikasies, and you will be taken to the e-reader.